Monday, April 9, 2018

Monday, April 9, 2018 Article 2: Extreme Sports & Risk Taking Bergland or Brown

Hello 9th grade, I am sorry I am still out. This week you will meet Mr. Smith who should be awesome and available for awhile until I get back. As many of you know, I am taking some time to care for my mother who is ill, my husband, who recently went into the hospital with a heart condition, and trying to take on most responsibilities at home. I miss you and care about you, but hope you will understand I need to take care of my family right now. I will be updating grades - I know many of you are waiting. Email me with questions or pass them on to Mr. Smith and I will get back to you. Work well, take care of your selves, have fun, but not too much fun....

Choose 1 of the following 2 articles to read


2. What Drives Extreme Athletes to Risk Lives by Christopher Bergland
Bergland , Christopher. "What Drives Extreme Athletes to Risk Life and Death?" Psychology Today. Sussex Publishers , 28 Sept. 2013. Web. 11 Apr. 2017.


OR



Brown , Eryn . "Why do extreme athletes like Dean Potter risk their lives?" Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles Times, 18 May 2015. Web. 11 Apr. 2017.

3. Assignment: Answer the questions at the end of Article #2 on Bergland or Brown - due Wednesday
Bergland is at the top of the document - a little bit more challenging of a read on those who climb Mnt. Everest
Brown is the second article underneath - an interesting article about a wing suiting


Assignments you should have completed last week: